- June Yap, Guggenheim UBS Map Curator, South and Southeast Asia, with guest at the opening of No Country: Contemporary Art for South and Southeast Asia, Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, New York, 2013. Photo: Christine Butler © Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation, New York
- Member’s Party and Private View of Italian Futurism, 1909–1944: Reconstructing the Universe, Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, New York, 2014. Photo: Christine Butler © Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation, New York
- Guests at a tour of Christopher Wool led by artist Josh Smith. Photo: Enid Alvarez © Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation, New York
- Guest viewing Carrie Mae Weems: Three Decades of Photography and Video, Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, New York, 2014. Photo: Scott Rudd © Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation, New York
- Guest viewing Christopher Wool, Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, New York, 2013. Photo: Scott Rudd © Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation, New York
The Patrons Circle is an active group of art collectors and philanthropists devoted to supporting the Guggenheim’s innovative exhibitions and programs. The group regularly convenes to participate in educational and social activities, including exhibitions openings, private curator-led tours, contemporary art fair and gallery trips, and exclusive visits to artists' studios and prominent private and corporate collections.
The Insiders’ Series is a series of exclusive events for patrons at the Hilla Rebay and Solomon R. Guggenheim levels that offers a more intimate and in-depth perspective on the Guggenheim and the modern and contemporary art scene. Events include artist studio visits and private collection tours as well as the annual Patrons' Luncheon with the Director. Patrons at the Solomon R. Guggenheim level are also invited to travel internationally with the Guggenheim Museum.
Chairs of the Patrons Circle
Denise LeFrak Calicchio
For more information about the Patrons Circle, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 212 423 3624.
See all Patrons Circle benefits and events and programs.
Members of the Patrons Circle are invited to curator-led tours of every major exhibition at the Guggenheim. It’s a great way to learn more about the exhibition on view and hear directly from the curator about the works and installation process.
Photo: Stephen Mannheimer
Patrons enjoy a number of events throughout the year, but the highlight is often the day trips to exciting art destinations. Recent programs included the Barnes Foundation in Philadelphia; Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art in Bentonville, Arkansas; the Parrish Museum in Water Mill, NY; the Carnegie International in Pittsburgh; as well as a recent trip to Washington, D.C., which included a visit to Glenstone. These are wonderful opportunities to enjoy a curated art experience outside the museum.
Upcoming Patrons Circle Events and programs
Tours & Gallery Programs
Wednesday, February 10, 6–8 pm
Patrons Circle members are invited for a private tour of Giorgio Morandi at the Center for Italian Modern Art. More
Tours & Gallery Programs
Tuesday, March 8, 6:30–8 pm
Patrons Circle members are invited for a private after-hours reception and tour of Peter Fischli David Weiss: How to Work Better. More
Friday, May 20, 8 am–8 pm
Guggenheim Patrons are invited on a curator-led day trip to Connecticut. More
Tuesday, June 7, 8:30–10 am
Patrons Circle members are invited for a private after-hours reception and tour of Moholy-Nagy: Future Present. More