Google SketchUp Tutorial
The shelter models you submit for this competition** need to be uploaded from Google SketchUp (where you can create them) to the Google 3D Warehouse. This is a huge, online repository of SketchUp models contributed by people all over the world.
- Download Google SketchUp and Google Earth for free. Both are available for both Windows and Macintosh computers. (File sizes are 50.7 MB and 27 MB, respectively. Depending on the speed of your connection, downloads may take up to 20–30 minutes.)
- Learn to build models with SketchUp by watching the Google SketchUp New Users video tutorials and related YouTube videos. Download and work through a few examples using these self-paced tutorials: Introduction to SketchUp, Starting a Drawing Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3.
- Design a shelter for a particular location on the planet and give your model a precise geographic location with Google Earth.
- Upload your geographically-located SketchUp shelter to the Google 3D Warehouse.
- Once you’ve built and uploaded your shelter, fill out the submission form** on the Guggenheim’s website.
**Please note: submission period is now closed.
Download a PDF with detailed