Browse By Museum
Browse By Major Acquisition
- Solomon R. Guggenheim Founding Collection
- Karl Nierendorf Estate
- Katherine S. Dreier Bequest
- Thannhauser Collection
- The Hilla Rebay Collection
- Peggy Guggenheim Collection
- The Panza Collection
- The Robert Mapplethorpe Foundation Gift
- Deutsche Guggenheim Commissions
- The Bohen Foundation Gift
- Guggenheim UBS MAP Purchase Fund
- The Robert H. N. Ho Family Foundation Collection
The Collection Online features a searchable database of selected artworks from the Guggenheim’s permanent collection. The site currently contains more than 1450 artworks by over 470 artists from the Guggenheim’s overall permanent collection of over 7,000 artworks. These highlights are designed to reflect the breadth, diversity, and tenor of the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation’s extensive holdings from the late 19th century through the present day. Guggenheim staff are continually expanding the selection to include a larger representation of the museum’s core holdings as well as selected recent acquisitions.
In addition to highlights from the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, New York, the site includes works from the Peggy Guggenheim Collection, Venice, and the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao. Visitors may browse the collection by artist, date, artwork type, or movement or by several of the major groups of acquisitions that have entered the holdings of the foundation since its inception in 1937.